Home

Forum- LikeaFashionista.com, Fashion Game! Girls game and game for girls

Topic closed

Pages : 1

#1 24/09/2024 at 20:43

Fashion’Power
BAP-YesSir
♥~ Let's stay together forever ~♥

This year marks ten years since I created my Like a Fashionista account, so I figured I would finally create a guestbook entry after all these years. It is bittersweet, seeing where the game is now – forsaken by Beemoov and the creators – but I suppose all good things must come to an end… Except that LAF hasn’t ended for quite a few of us! Here we are, seventeen years after the birth of the game, still creating outfits, sending challenges, and doing contests in the forums; still being fashionistas.

I think that is why I am still here, ten years later. Even after my mom and sister, who both had accounts and used to play alongside me, stopped logging in years ago, as many other players have done. As I write this post, I have 2391 days of game – or a total of 6 years, 6 months and 3 weeks that I have logged into this site, which isn’t a lot considering my account is 10 years old. I’ll admit, some days I simply played the scratch game, made my ‘Nista play with her pet, drink some soy milk, then logged off. She might’ve even been wearing an outfit I made at Christmastime, despite it being the middle of the summer… Or there were lulls when I didn't log in at all for a month or two. I don’t always have the motivation, or time (thanks to adulthood) to dedicate to making a new outfit. Nonetheless, whenever I suddenly have a streak of inspiration, I know my fashionista will be here waiting for me.

As I page through the Nineland store for the one-millionth time, looking for some piece my outfit is missing, I recall memories of when specific clothing sets were released. It doesn’t feel like it was that long ago, but at the same time, it feels like it was ages. LAF was my outlet of expression when I was just 14 years old. I was homeschooled and a very shy and reserved kid, but I always loved dress-up games even though I was too scared to dress up in real life. But LAF was more than just another dress-up game - my ‘Nista was like a diary. A personal extension of myself, where I let my creativity flow and my inhibitions loose. She could be whoever I wanted her to be without worrying about what anyone else thought. And through her, I was able to connect with others in a way I never did before. In fact, even my username was a bold move for my younger self, since BAP was a Korean boy group I was obsessed with at the time (they have now disbanded) lol I entered contests in the forum, then eventually got comfortable enough to host my own! I even joined some chat rooms in the forum, including a K-pop club at one point, played some games in The Game Room, and participated in art trades. I made some very good friends, and even though we have lost touch now, I still hold those memories very close to my heart.

I was so devastated when they announced that they were stopping support and updates for the game-- (goodness, that was already a few years ago now!) There was so much I wanted to see added still! Fashion is always changing and evolving, and I had such high hopes for the future of this site. However, even if Beemoov has forsaken LAF, I will continue to log in for as long as the site still lives (which I hope will be a long time!)

So, just to add, this isn’t a goodbye letter, but a thank you letter. (: Thank you to the creators, Beemoov, and to the wonderful Nineland who founded this amazing site. And thank you to the awesome fashionistas who were a part of my experiences here in the past, to the ones who are still here today, and especially to the amazing EmmyAna – this game really wouldn’t be the same without you!! But also, thank you to my fashionista, who has been by my side all these years, no matter how much soy milk I make her drink. lol

~ Love, a fashionista,

BAP-YesSir

Last edited by BAP-YesSir (24/09/2024 at 20:50)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_banners/1443147203984314369/1642523052

Topic closed

Pages : 1